As Adam is a type of Christ, Eve is a type of the Church
There was a very good reason that Eve was created out of Adam’s rib and then presented to him as his wife, and the reason is found in Ephesians 5:23-33.
1. Just as Adam is a type of Christ, Eve is a type of the Church.
2. Christ, the Son of God, existed independently of the Church from eternity, thus Adam existed independently of Eve.
3. Adam was put to sleep in order that Eve might be taken out of his side as a rib. Christ was “put to sleep” in His death and burial so that the Church might be born on the Day of Pentecost.
4. Eve was taken out of Adam’s side, just as the Church was born out of the blood and water that flowed out of the side of Christ.
5. Eve was bone of Adam’s bone and flesh of his flesh, just as the Church (the Body of Christ) is bone of His bones and flesh of His flesh (Eph. 5:30).
6. Eve was presented by God the Father to Adam as his bride and his wife, just as the Church has been presented to Christ as His Bride and will become the Lamb’s Wife.
8. When Eve was presented to Adam she was spotless and without sin. When the Church becomes the Lamb’s wife she will be spotless and without sin (Eph. 5:27).
9. Just as Adam and Eve became “one flesh” in their marriage, Christ and the Church will be eternally united in holy matrimony and in a union that is perfect.
It is truly amazing that most preachers never bring out these truths regarding Adam and Eve. But there is your answer.